PROFILE OF THE ORGANISATION
AMARAWATI : Jorhat, is an Old Age Home established in Patia Gaon, Fokola Pathar near Brahmaputra River and Nimati Ghat, in Jorhat District of the state of Assam, India. The main focus of the home is to provide support and care ( Geriatric Care) to the elderly people who often lose support from the people for whom they sacrifice everything of their life and sometimes they become lonely to the changing social environment.
AMARAWATI is a multipurpose project conceived by Akhil Bharatiya Vridhajan Sewa Ashram Sanstha (ABVSAS), Jorhat District, a non government, non- profit organization established in 2012 under the banner of a registered NGO of same title established in New Delhi in the year 2010 and headed by Sri Satpal Saini a veteran freedom fighter and noted social activist. The ABVSAS Jorhat was established after a resolution in a general meeting attended by eminent citizens and social workers of undivided Sibsagar District, held on 28.12.2012 at Uruli Vivah Bhavan, A.T. Road Jorhat. It is registered separately as an NGO under the Societies Act XXI 1860, Having registration number RS/JOR/238/G/24 of 2014-15 and also having a separate PAN No – AADAA8775E. The members associated with different committees are from different walks of life and are mentioned under the head committees.
1. To act and serve those Vridhajan who really needs asylum in the Ashram,
2. To provide a shelter to the elderly people neglected by their family,
3. To strengthen the mental status of the dwellers so that they can get a good surrounding to lead a meaningful, fruitful and healthy life,
4. To give platform to the resident of the Ashram to percolate their past experiences they gained in different fields for society development and
5. To create an environment among all section of people that there is only one religion that is human religion.